trackclip pro is jerky!!

VincentG

Re: trackclip pro is jerky!!

Post by VincentG »

Answered over the phone.....
Toad465

Post by Toad465 »

Answered over the phone means its fixed now?

If not, remember my approach to all this,
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a ... 310285&p=1
RonL

Post by RonL »

Answered over the phone.....
Yeah Vince, let us in on the fix.

Thanks
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

No "fix" just having him try a clean install - including deleting the NaturalPoint folder -
spur35

Post by spur35 »

Completed clean install and removed old trackir file. Also moved USB cable to another port below one used before, absolutely no difference. Like I've said, I've tried all your other suggestions without any change. I'm begining the think a "value" has changed somewhere in the electronics of the tracker unit. I am seriously contemplating returning unit before year is up on the warranty. Vincent, if you have any last suggestions before I request an RMA, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Spur35
RonL

Post by RonL »

Completed clean install and removed old trackir file. Also moved USB cable to another port below one used before, absolutely no difference. Like I've said, I've tried all your other suggestions without any change. I'm begining the think a "value" has changed somewhere in the electronics of the tracker unit. I am seriously contemplating returning unit before year is up on the warranty. Vincent, if you have any last suggestions before I request an RMA, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Spur35
The TrackClip, AKA, VectorClip works fine for me Spur. Have you tried that? Does the same thing as the Pro.
nibloi

Post by nibloi »

Jerky here too. I'm running the latest software and it works smooth as silk with the cap reflectors but when I switch to the trackclip the stuttering starts. I've only noticed it when panning but the jerkiness gets progrerssively worse the futher left or right I look.

Ian
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

How close to the camera are you sitting?

You could try increasing the "Set Priority" for the TrackIR software, within the Task Manager -> Processes Tab -> Right click on the TrackIR.exe file -> Set Priority to AboveNormal....

See if that helps.....
nibloi

Post by nibloi »

Hi Vincent,

My TrackIR sensor is on top of my monitor about 2-3 feet away. I've tried teh full range of the different priorities in Task Manager but it's definitely jerkier compared to the hat reflectors.

In truth I can probably live with the jerkiness, I only really reported it so you get a feel for how many people are experiencing the problem.

All the best
Ian
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

OK, thanks for the input.....