trackclip pro is jerky!!

leomin

trackclip pro is jerky!!

Post by leomin »

I have just installed the TrackClip and the latest released software. I am using TrackIR 4 PRO and clip hardware

When in the game (lockon fc 1.12) the head movement is jerky. but the head movement with vector expansion is excellent.

I had noticed the setting about the light filtering by chance! but when there are much background light, it is no more useful. and I can still feel the difference though sliding the light filtering tab low.

so, you need improvements to solve this problem when next update!
I have just read the post about the light filtering setting.

but, whoever uses light filtering can feel the difference in more high resolution. I am using resolution of 2560*1600

I want you to solve this problem soon. thanks.
Catch22

Re: trackclip pro is jerky!!

Post by Catch22 »

I can agree with that.

When I installed TrackIR on my new computer, the only problem I had was the light filtering turned all the way up. If I hadn't known that to be out of the ordinary, I could've overlooked it. By default it should be at most 100 for TrackClip Pro users.
leomin

Post by leomin »

And I feel that clip pro is slower than vector expansion.!!
I tested them all day long. it need to have improvements.
troppo1

Post by troppo1 »

I convinced a freind to buy it and the only problem he had with it being jerky was that he didnt have Track Pro Clip turned on instead of Vector.
Now it runs great and he is tickled pink, great product with lots of happy customers so far that I know of.

We only run at 1280x1024 so I cant check out higher res. But I hope you get it working.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Do you have any Firewall/AVG software installed?

Are you plugging in directly to the system, or are you using a hub?

Have you tried isolating the device on the USB ports?

Have you tried turn off any kind of power save feature for your USB ports?

In the "Device Manager" you can right click the "USB Hub"(s), that show, and then select properties. On the power management tab, uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn off the USB port to save power (i.e. uncheck the box). Sometimes that has an impact on the connectivity of the devices.

Could you attach a screen shot of your Device Manager (showing USB), and tracking screen (TrackIR software -> View -> Tracking)?

To make Print Screen work, you must save an image of what's displayed on-screen to the clipboard and then paste it into a document where it can be printed.

Windows Help: Print Screen

To do this, follow this procedure:

1. Maximize the window you'd like to capture.
2. To copy/capture the current window, hold down ALT + Print Scrn at the same time. To capture the entire screen, just press Print Scrn alone.
3. Open a new document in MS Paint, MS Word, MS Photo Editor, or Adobe PhotoShop.
4. Paste the screen shot by holding down CTRL and V at the same time.
5. Save the document as a .JPG or .JPEG file and send it in.
smasha

Post by smasha »

I agree .

The track clip pro is no where near the smoothness and preciseness of the vector cap.

Hope this gets fixed.

I really want to get rid of the cap.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

What version of Windows are you running?

Are you running any Anti-virus/Firewall software?

In the following folder location, C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint\TrackIR4\Profiles, what is the file size for each profile?

Have you tried the TrackIR on another system?
RonL

Post by RonL »

To say TrackClip PRO is jerky is an understatement. I have been all through this Forum and the only things that seemed to help were,
In the "Device Manager" you can right click the "USB Hub"(s), that show, and then select properties. On the power management tab, uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn off the USB port to save power (i.e. uncheck the box). Sometimes that has an impact on the connectivity of the devices.
When I installed TrackIR on my new computer, the only problem I had was the light filtering turned all the way up. If I hadn't known that to be out of the ordinary, I could've overlooked it. By default it should be at most 100 for TrackClip Pro users.
and it is still unacceptable. Jerky as the other posters have stated.

Back to the TrackClip for me as it performs rather well.

Specs are,

Asus P5N32-E SLI nForce� 680i SLI Mainboard [Quad-Core Support] | Intel� Core�2 Extreme Processor X6800 | 2GB Corsair DDR2-800 PC6400 | NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 768MB | Enermax EG565P 535 Watt Power Supply [SLI-Ready] | Windows XP Media Center w/ SP2
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Jerky in what way?

Have you tried a clean install of the TrackIR software?

Adjusted the placement of the TrackIR unit?

Any background IR noise, on the Tracking screen?
RonL

Post by RonL »

Jerky in what way?

Have you tried a clean install of the TrackIR software?

Adjusted the placement of the TrackIR unit?

Any background IR noise, on the Tracking screen?
Jerky as in panning.

Yes on clean install.

Yes on placement of TrackIR unit.

No background noise.