Horrible skew problems.

Rynth

Horrible skew problems.

Post by Rynth »

I just picked up a TrackIR 4 + pro clip, figuring it'd cover all my needs. However, I'm having some pretty serious issues with it.

Every time I turn my head left, it suddenly reads me as looking straight up and to the side slightly. It's not a gradual tilt back, but a sudden snap at one point. Turning right works passably well. I've messed around with positioning on everything, and nothing really seems to fix it. Closest I've gotten was being able to turn left about 5 degrees before it "snapped" and read me as looking off in some direction that resembles the effects of having a broken neck. Pretty infuriating. I've tried disabling the cam LEDs, I've covered over/turned off everything possible, still persists. The TrackIR camera itself is positioned in a slight recess, so the lights I have on are completely unable to reach it. I've checked, and my full range of motion is detected, so it's not because I'm going out of the field of view... I'm stumped.

Secondly, I got no hat clip. I'd planned on using it most of the time (probably with my boonie) since I use external speakers ~80% of the time I'm doing things. I'm starting to wonder if there wasn't a screwup and I got somebody's returned, defective item.
Catch22

Re: Horrible skew problems.

Post by Catch22 »

The most likely cause of this is that you did not set your profiles for TrackClip PRO.

In the TrackIR software, click edit for each of your profiles and in the motion tab, find the "Tracking:" bubbles at the top. Set it to Track Clip Pro for each of your profiles.

As for your shipment not comming with a Vector clip, that may have been an oversite. Mine came with a Vector clip so I believe you should have gotten one.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Hi Rynth, give this a go and see if it makes any difference.
Move your camera to the left of your monitor.
Turn the camera a few degrees to the left.
Try and keep the 'dots' on the rigyt as upright as possible.
You might have to point the camera down a bit and give the pro a little turn upwards so that the camera and clip are 'looking into each other'. Remember to keep the turn to your left of the camera though.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Also, did you purchase the unit directly from us?
Rynth

Post by Rynth »

Yep, purchased off of the TrackIR website. It looks like the lack of a vector clip was an oversite, another has been sent out.

The skew problem seems to be complex -- it was due in part to incorrect settings, I hadn't selected trackclip pro.

Still having some minor issues, but I think it's a matter of tweaking settings. Seems slow to respond with a lot of "rubberbanding" in normal mode, and tends to drift a lot when in precision mode. Perhaps I'm just too picky, but I think I'll see if I can find some ArmA players with tweaked settings for pointers.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

rubberbanding?