TrackIr4 and TrackClip Pro USB Problems

colibiri

TrackIr4 and TrackClip Pro USB Problems

Post by colibiri »

Hi,

I've just upgraded my old TrackIr2 to the TrackIr4 + TrackClipPro. So far everything works great, but there is one little problem which bothers me. If I connect everything by the book: TrackIR is plugged into TrackClip PRO�s USB Power Tap and TrackClip PRO is plugged into the computer�s USB port, everything is fine. Plugging the TrackIr without the TrackClipPro into the computer's USB port and leaving the TrackClipPro unplugged, everything is fine. Plugging the TrackIr directly into the computer's USB port and plugging the TrackClipPro directly to another USB port of my computer TrackIr stops working at all. Is it a common behavior or only some local problem with my system ?

Thank you,
Nilian
GoNz0

Re: TrackIr4 and TrackClip Pro USB Problems

Post by GoNz0 »

track clip pro is just a power tap, its not detected as hardware by the PC, so it may be a power issue on a USB port?
Barred

Re: TrackIr4 and TrackClip Pro USB Problems

Post by Barred »

Hi Nilian,power might be a problem, though with having the proclip and TIR running on the same port I would also look for other reasons as well.
Another possibilty might be data limits as both need USB2 hubs and sockets. On some computers only 4 USB sockets are USB2 and the rest USB 1.1 because they are piggy backed off the 4 base USB 2 sockets.

Personally I use both the crackclip Pro and the TIR4 off the same socket with the splitter that is buit into the TrackClip Pro.