Reversed movements?

wonder_warthog

Reversed movements?

Post by wonder_warthog »

Hi

I've just received my TrackIR Ultra in the post and am trying to get it to work. I'm using the Track Clip Pro. I can get good movement in HEADS - it seems to track my head movement quite faithfully. However, when I open Flight Sim X or Lock-on, I get the same problem:

- when I move my head to the right, even a little bit, I immediately stare at the sky.
- If I move my head to the left, the screen moves as if I'm moving to the right - it's reversed
- Also up and down is reversed

FYI, I get three green dots in TRACKING, not perfectly centred though, but probably close enough (it's a bit to the right). I'm running Vista 32 on a high-spec PC.

Any ideas? Is it something I've missed?
wonder_warthog

Re: Reversed movements?

Post by wonder_warthog »

Actually Lock On is working pretty well now... but Flight Sim X is still bot working at all... same issue as before...
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Double check the profiles (flight, and combat flight) make sure that you have trackclip pro selected instead of Vector
RetiredRacer

Post by RetiredRacer »

Sorry to butt in here Vincent but this appears to be the same problem I had (but I will carefully call it "had" as it seems to be fixed)When I first installed it it was doing exactly this, in serching to "set it up" I went "profiles/edit" noticed "invert" clicked on each action that got it all working in the right direction but it still had that nasty head jerk and if you go to "My TRACK CLIP PRO plays up when looking left" you will see how I blundered through but some how got it working but when I got it working the head actions went reversed again so I had to unclick the invert actions to get it working the right directions again ???? Don't ask me it seems to be working fine after I followed "MRPIX"s four steps.
jonnyyoung

Post by jonnyyoung »

Problem seems to be OK now, or at least significantly better than before... However, a new (possibly related?) problem...

I'm trying to get it to work in GTR2, and whilst it works, it's very jerky, oarticularly when looking to the left. My machine is well up to scratch (brand new, very high spec, but is running vista)... any thoughts on how to optimise smoothness please?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Looking at the tracking screen, do you have more than 3 green dots?, any red?
jonnyyoung

Post by jonnyyoung »

No, three green dots only. I can't seem to get horizontally centred though... not sure why...
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Did you mean vertical?
wonder_warthog

Post by wonder_warthog »

No horizontal - it's off a bit to the right, but I've been tweaking how the unit sits on top of the monitor and it's more central now... hasn't fixed the jerkiness problem though... what do you recommend? and what's the best smoothness setting for example?

Thanks for your help..
wonder_warthog

Post by wonder_warthog »

Problem fixed! I read the post about reducing light filtering down to 100, which I did.. works a dream now... thanks for support!