Problems problems problems

GremBen

Problems problems problems

Post by GremBen »

I bought track clip pro with the idea of it getting rid of the problems I was having with the view randomly jumping to all over the place.

For some reason I would look down into my cockpit in Lock On and it would never come back up again. Sometimes I would look right and the view would jump to straight up. I have already check that the three LED's are the only IR sources in the tracking window but it continued to happen. Even worse sometimes then it was without Track clip pro.

I have had "TrackIR.exe" crash multiple times. Normally with a resulting restart needed to get it to work again which is annoying during multiplayer games to say the least. Please note that its the only .exe thats crashing on my machine.

And as if they were the only problems... I got my track clip pro 3 weeks ago and was playing armA when I noticed that the view suddenly dropped downand wouldnt work. I took my headphones off midgame to see that the track clip pro had just fallen apart.

[image]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1476 ... prodz7.jpg[/image]

It is completely useless to me now as it looks like its missing a bit of plastic. Thats $40 gone then.

Is this the build quality we should expect?
VincentG

Re: Problems problems problems

Post by VincentG »

Please email me at support@naturalpoint.com, with your order number, and brief description of issue.
GremBen

Post by GremBen »

See my first post for descriptions of the issues I was having.

Unfortunately I didn't order the track clip pro from you. I bought it from an online store in the UK so, like I say, there goes $40 as they wont take it back broken (I dont blame them).

I was having trouble with it working before it was broken too. Ahh well.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Where did you purchase it?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

In the following folder location, C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint\TrackIR4\Profiles, what is the file size for each profile?
GremBen

Post by GremBen »

The files for each of my profiles are each 3.71kb (4kb on disk). I was using version 4.1 build 30. I have since found out on other forums that the view sticking problem can be avoided by returning to build 28 but I havent tried it as my track clip has broken so it doent matter now.

Im not planning on buying another so it may be best to end/delete the topic here.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

If you send be the serial number of your TrackIR 4 unit, the place that you purchased the hardware from, and a description of the issue, to support. I can go about getting the unit replaced for you.