Enhancing TrackIR & Trackclip Pro

450Devil

Enhancing TrackIR & Trackclip Pro

Post by 450Devil »

I have TrackIR 4 with Trackclip Pro - they really improve game play. However, having the Trackclip attached to my headset is a nuisance since it means I have two wires going to my computer (headset & Trackclip) - how about NaturalPoint teaming up with Logiteck or some out headset provider to develop an integrated Trackclip Pro/audio headset/mic combination - and if it could be made wireless then that would be the ultimate.

Just a thought. Cheers.
Jim

Re: Enhancing TrackIR & Trackclip Pro

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Thanks for the feedback. Well, I can't say I haven't suggested that to the headset manufactures myself! :) It does seem like an ideal solution, but they haven't taken us up on the idea yet.
450Devil

Post by 450Devil »

Thanks Jim - keep suggesting - remember the squeeky gate gets the oil - eventually. Cheers
ITGL72

Post by ITGL72 »

I purchased the trackclip pro some time ago, but I still use my regular track clip a lot because its connected to a vizor I can just plop on.

I have to admit that before I bought the pro I didnt notice the wire. I thought it was a wireless product. Thats no fault of anyones but my own but the extra wire does draw back from me using it :-(
Driftwood

Post by Driftwood »

The extra wire is somewhat of a pain. I simply taped the two together in a couple of spots to follow my headset cord. They both have to go to the PC anyway so I just use adjacent USB ports. It would be nice if the wire to the TrackIR itself was a little longer.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Hmm, maybe a wireless version is in order. We always thought that the extra small cable wasn't an issue, because most all headsets are wired anyway, and you can bundle the cables, as suggested. Sometimes one more cable is just too many I guess! :)

Is it more of a pain to charge a battery or change a battery?
Catch22

Post by Catch22 »

Well, IMHO I prefer the wired version, but to the question you posed:

I think if it was chargeable, it would function the same way, but with the wire detachable (just leave a port on the clip to plug the power wire into). That way, if the battery gets low, you just plug in the wire while you play till it's charged again.

[Edit] Make sure it's not easy for the wire to fall out from it's own weight though.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Good compromise, that is what I had in mind. Something to work on for sure. :)