Track ir4 movements reversed?

KernSE

Re: Track ir4 movements reversed?

Post by KernSE »

Yes

Yes
and

The 3 green LED are:

top two vertical and the bottom third one is askew to the left.
KernSE

Post by KernSE »

It started working for a second when I put it back to Vector but when I wen to test in ArmA it went right back to the usual messed up
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Have you tried using the metal clip, and having all of the profiles set to vector?
KernSE

Post by KernSE »

Not yet.
KernSE

Post by KernSE »

Okay that works fine with the ball cap clip. the full range of movement is met.

So, the elephant in the room, what's happening with the clip? Did I get the wrong install CD? Where should I go from here?

Getting close to bed time here. I will follow up in the morning.
KernSE

Post by KernSE »

In case anyone was looking for a happy ending to this thread, here ya go.

I uninstalled the entire program and then reinstalled. Then I uninstalled the entire thing again to install the updated version from NaturalPoint. Everything seems to be running fine now. Though I find myself leaning towards the Vector more than the Clip Pro. If it wasn't for the inconvenience of the hat I might stick with it. It's nice to have the choice at least now.

Vincent, thanks for your direction in all this. I'm happy that I didn't have to go through the process of returning anything.

KernSE
SileNceR

Post by SileNceR »

Well first let me just say how much i enjoy the TrackIR. It really makes a difference, as if "I got my head in the game." lol.

Well i had a question, I recently got the TrackIR 4: Pro that comes with both the hat clip and the headphones clip-on, and i've been having probelms with up and down being reversed. This only happens w/ the Headphone clip on. I've placed it like instructed in the manual, but it's when i move head to look down it looks up and vice versa. I know it's not the sensor that sits on top of monitor cause everything works perfectly w/ my cap set. Any ideas why this is doing this? I just got it and everything except headphones clip-on works perfect.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

When switching to the TrackClip Pro, did you change the profile settings (default, flight, etc.) to TrackClip Pro, instead of vector?

Is the longer 'leg' on the bottom, on the left hand side of the headset?
SileNceR

Post by SileNceR »

Well the longer leg is on the bottom and on the left side of the headset. The games are set to either racing, flight, or default depending on the type of game it is. It's been set to TrackClip Pro the whole time and not vector, but the only way i got the head movements working with the headset clips is by changing the settings from 0 degrees to 180 degrees, and it only works for the FPS games (more specifically Insurgency); it doesn't work for like Grid, all it does is roll when i look left or right. The thing about this is that when i set it to 180, on the Trackir head gauge the movements show up fine.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

OK, but looking at each profile, in the lower section of the profiles page. I s vector or trackclip pro selected for each profile.

To enable full TrackIR support for the PC version of GRID, you will need to download and install software patch version 1.2.