Track ir4 movements reversed?

GreggyB

Track ir4 movements reversed?

Post by GreggyB »

I am having a setup problem with my Track IR4, all my head movements are reversed in CFS3 and in WOW though if I switch to Dot mode in the Motion Tab, head tracking is the correct way round? huh?

My Title setting on the profiles tab is set to CFS3 with Default profile and I have the latest software update.

My Tracking settings are Camera LED's on, Camera rotation 0 (for top of monitor sensor location), Dot Tracking is at 5, Light filtering is on and set at 59, Use Blue LED for Tracking enhanced is on.

In the motion setting tab I have Track Clip Pro set to on and smoothing set to 25.

My PC is in exactly the same spot as the last time I played CFS3 with my Track IR4 with the same background lighting situation.

I cannot for the life of me work out what is wrong, Can anyone offer help and advice?
GreggyB

Re: Track ir4 movements reversed?

Post by GreggyB »

For what it's worth to others in the same boat as me.

I have found the problem, in the settings page you must deselect the Camera LED's On box and everything should work fine.

Mine is a classic case of 'If all else fails - read the destruction's!'
KernSE

Post by KernSE »

I'm kind of having the same issue.

Just installed, I've been trying to tune this for 6 hours. I've done everything that has been suggested. (camera LED is OFF)I though that in the Motion tab I should have in marked as Track Clip Pro bu that is out of control inverted and everything. Vector is no better, and DOT well DOT is not why I bought this devise but yes it works in DOT but no better than my mouse control.

Is this a common issue, and is there a thread that has the solution?

Thank you,
Kern
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

OK, are you using the TrackClip Pro, or the vector clip (left side of headset or clip on a hat)?

Looking at the tracking acreen, what do you see?

How do you have the device mounted?

What version of Windows are you running?

What gaming application are you you using?
KernSE

Post by KernSE »

Q: OK, are you using the TrackClip Pro, or the vector clip (left side of headset or clip on a hat)?
A: LEFT SIDE CLIPPED TO MY HEADSET. The Pro.

Q: Looking at the tracking screen, what do you see?
A: 3 green dots that follow my head movement

Q: How do you have the device mounted?
A: Clip is to the left side of headset, and eye is mounted to the left of screen.

Q: What version of Windows are you running?
A: Vista 64 Ultimate

Q: What gaming application are you you using?
A: ArmA

With default Profile checked
When I turn my head to the left the CG head tilts to the right.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The long leg of the TrackClip Pro is on the bottom (3 green fairly vertical)

View -> Tracking -> Settings rotation set to 0

In the different profiles (default, flight etc.) TrackClip Pro is selected, and invert is not selectinted for any of the axes.
KernSE

Post by KernSE »

All you said is exactly how it is for me.

Only once did it work correctly. I started to work on the fine tuning of the movements. When I pushed Ok on the motions tab that's when It all went right back to the usual upside down and inverted.

I've tried both Vector and Track clip pro setting.

One thing to note is if I double click on the title named Armored assault The Title details pops up. In there it details what exes are supported. On mine it show only two of these available six axes checked in use, and I know that the Natural Point site stated that ArmA should use four of the six axes. THis area I'm looking at is grayed out or locked out for use for some reason.

I have all the updated versions available from Tracker.

ps. I can run everything fine in Dot setting because it's only Yaw and Pitch, coincidentally that is all that is checked in the "Title Details" box. I still have not figured a way into that box to check the other axis.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

OK, the section that has the games listed are not an indication of the number of supported axis.

The profile to the right of the game name, which in the case of Armed Assualt is the default profile.

When you are editing the profile, which one are you editing (combat flight, flight, default, etc.)?
KernSE

Post by KernSE »

I've tried both editing the default and I tried making a "New" profile. Both of which yield the same results.

Ps thanks for being hear. It's calming my blood.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Default still to the left of armed assualt?

Trackclip pro is selected..........

and the 3 green leds are vertical, on the tracking screen?