Wireless TrackClip

JusticeAA

Wireless TrackClip

Post by JusticeAA »

I know that the majority of headsets have a wire but the second wire on the TrackClip is just annoying, even with the USB adapter.

I think it is time for us to get behind the idea of a wireless TrackClip, it could easily be battery powered (maybe a lithium for extra run time) and have an on/off switch. I think the benefit would greatly outweigh the additional size and weight required.
dradecki

Re: Wireless TrackClip

Post by dradecki »

Amen to this. I want to use a wireless headset but the usb cable defeats the purpose. Matter of fact I ran into this topic because I was looking for a wireless mod to the trackclip pro. Hope Natural Point listens to this.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

This is definitely something we're looking into.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
DB93

Post by DB93 »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Seth]This is definitely something we're looking into. [/quote]

That would be a very welcome addition, as my TCP wire is velcroed(?) to my headset wire, and I'm starting to feel like I'm doing another sleep study with all the wires running across me lol.

If you folks do look into this, consider making it rechargable through usb, like many bluetooth headsets do, so we don't have to keep changing out batteries on it. I'd much rather have it plugged in to charge it when I'm not using it than to have to keep it plugged in with wires running across me when I am using it. Naturally, it should remain usable even when connected to the charging cable, so that we can plug it in if needed if the batteries get low while we're using it. :)

-George
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=DB93]That would be a very welcome addition, as my TCP wire is velcroed(?) to my headset wire, and I'm starting to feel like I'm doing another sleep study with all the wires running across me lol.

If you folks do look into this, consider making it rechargable through usb, like many bluetooth headsets do, so we don't have to keep changing out batteries on it. I'd much rather have it plugged in to charge it when I'm not using it than to have to keep it plugged in with wires running across me when I am using it. Naturally, it should remain usable even when connected to the charging cable, so that we can plug it in if needed if the batteries get low while we're using it. :)

-George[/quote]
That all sounds very reasonable to me. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
dradecki

Post by dradecki »

I really appreciate the fact that NaturalPoint at least listens to their customers. Unfortunately that's a quality these days.

Thanks again,
dradecki