Getting erratic movements with Track Clip Pro

sweetjones

Getting erratic movements with Track Clip Pro

Post by sweetjones »

Hello,

I am using the clip with trackir 4 and everytime I turn my head to the right I get either erratic head movement in the preview window or in the main software window the "Status" shows flickering from "No Data" to "Tracking." It only happens when I turn my head to the right. A lot of times the heads get stuck in a 180 degress turn or ends up upside down. Then I have to re-center the heads. This is really annoying, because I thought this clip would be better than the Hat Clip, but it's not. I did not have any problems with the Hat Clip. I have the camera setup on the left side of my monitor and dots centered in the tracking screen. The green dots are the only colors on the screen. Please help!

Thanx in Advance!
sweetjones

Re: Getting erratic movements with Track Clip Pro

Post by sweetjones »

Please disregard above post. Creating a new profile fixed my issue. WOW!
Loophole

Post by Loophole »

I don't know if this will help, but I just managed to fix up a similar-sounding problem with my TrackIR 4/TrackClip. I was finding that when I looked right, at a certain point the TrackIR would seem to go crazy, and start reporting my head as upside down, or at an odd angle. Looking anywhere else worked fine. There were no anomalies visible in the 'camera' view.

What seems to have fixed it for me is adjusting the TrackClip angle. What it appears to like is what I would describe as a "knights move" pattern for the lights: The two closer lights pretty much vertically aligned, and the third, more distant, light diagonally down from that. On the TrackIR 5.0 software display, it looks like the move of a knight on a chessboard. On my head this corresponds to the middle light near my ear, with the other close one just above it, and the more distant light down towards the corner of my mouth.

That adjustment seems to have made all the difference to my TrackIR, and eliminated the glitching; hopefully it will help you too!
OldBadger

Post by OldBadger »

Loophole,

That's an excellent tip, just done it myself and what a difference. Completely eliminates the 'losing track / jitters' when looking to the right.

Way way smoother operation for me.

I Don't understand why it works though - but I am not complaining.

Thanks anyway.

OldBadger
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Can you post an image, of your starting point TrackClip pro alignment, within the TrackIR software camera view?
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

I think this may be linked to my post here:

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post45042