Track Clip Pro construction issues

dion kraft

Track Clip Pro construction issues

Post by dion kraft »

I just recently bought the clip pro and really had some issues hardware wise they are:

Clip to head phone way too tight unless banded on non slider portion of the head phone.

Remedy: I dont see why you do not design a proper U CLAMP to eliminate ALL issues for ANY head phone that is going to be used.

The Swivel that is between the three LED pickup to the single horizontal boom is way too weak in design. It came off on me and I noticed two delicate clips claws holding it in to clip itself in in order to swivel. Well one of the mini clips broke so it cannot hold itself within. I have seen chinese toys built better than this. But then again toys come under a lot more design scrutiny than game apparatus. I am going to have to make some kinda barrel design which would be super glued in the single boom and then have the end cap glued into a screw on cap for the led portion. But in any event the design should be more robust considering the damage will result usually when not in game play as in more the removal and storage of unit and possible misplacement onto the delicate swivel which results in disconnet and or clip damage.
dion kraft

Re: Track Clip Pro construction issues

Post by dion kraft »

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/image ... lippro.jpg

This is exactly WHAT MINE LOOKS LIKE!
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Dion,

I'm sorry that your TrackClip PRO broke. If it is within the 1 year warranty, please contact support@naturalpoint.com to arrange for a replacement.

Regarding design issues, we are exploring the possibility of a new TrackClip PRO. But, we don't have any news or dates to report at this time.

-Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
dion kraft

Post by dion kraft »

I called in a got my RMA number from your firm. The tech support employee was very courteous and issued my RMA. Thank you for your
after purchase service.