Strange tracking behaviour - down and to the left

Wedgie32

Strange tracking behaviour - down and to the left

Post by Wedgie32 »

Hi all,

I've been reading a heap of threads here over the last day or two, but can't seem to resolve my issue.

Basically, when I look down and to the left with my Track Clip Pro, the camera stops getting data by the looks of it. Looking in the TIR software (v5b beta) I see 3 green dots, that turn red when I look down and to the left.

My camera is to the left, lined up with the track clip pro, the green dots are fairly centred and the dots are in an almost vertical line.

Any suggestions?
VincentG

Re: Strange tracking behaviour - down and to the left

Post by VincentG »

are the object crossing over each other, or any other object on the camera window?
Wedgie32

Post by Wedgie32 »

Hi there,

The dots do not seem to be crossing each other, they come close though.

I was playing with this a bit more this morning. Initially, what looked to be happening was when I look down and to the left, the dots on the camera tracker would go red, with nothing else on the screen that I could see. Although this morning, I saw an extra dot that was coming from somewhere else. I tilted my monitor to one side to put it out of frame and it seems to be behaving itself now.

Interestingly, I switched the camera off the Track Clip Pro profile back to the old reflective mode (can't remember it's name...!) and it looks like there's a metal shelf behind my desk that reflects some of the IR from the camera. I read somewhere that it's possible to switch off the IR on the camera so that only the Track Clip Pro is producing IR, would that be the way to go?

TIA,
Alex
Wedgie32

Post by Wedgie32 »

Ok, so I looked at it again, and what's happening is that 2 of the 3 dots are intersecting. At which point the lights go red...

I thought the Pro Clip needed to be vertical (or close to it) but it looks like it works better for me if I tweak it out sideways a bit!
Wedgie32

Post by Wedgie32 »

Hm, a bit too quick on the draw there. Still not right. It's definitely a problem of intersecting lights, I just can't seem to find a layout that doesn't cause a problem...