Too many LEDs!

Father Ted

Too many LEDs!

Post by Father Ted »

I had a problem with the head-tracking freezing and stuttering when I looked to the left. After experimenting with ambient lighting, camera position and clip positioning I worked out that the problem was caused by one of the LEDs reflecting off my glasses and creating a fourth!

I solved the problem by shielding the offending LED (the middle one) with a bit of cardboard

Hoping that this may help some others with similar problems
Seth Steiling

Re: Too many LEDs!

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Ted,

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your situation accurately, but from the sound of it, I'm concerned that you might experience sub-optimal results with this solution. Would it be possible to post a screenshot of the Camera View within the TrackIR software (version 5.0) before and after your cardboard configuration? I just want to confirm that you're getting optimal performance out of your TrackIR setup.

-Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

To be honest Seth, I'm not sure I've actually solved the problem just yet. My post was really to say to other people "this might be your problem". And to be even more honest, I'm actually using the Track clip Pro with an ordinary (de-IR filtered) webcam and Free Track - so I wasn't really asking for/expecting help here. As I say it was more to say that I've found a slightly obscure explanation for what seems to be a fairly common problem

Ted
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Ted,

I'm afraid I can't help you troubleshoot on the FreeTrack side of things. :) But, I appreciate your desire to chip in with your input on this. For TrackIR users, I would recommend tweaking the Threshold setting under the Camera tab to filter out the unwanted reflected light.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack