My software goes missing!

mr_mojo97

My software goes missing!

Post by mr_mojo97 »

Anyone had this problem. I use FSX regularly and have recently found that after a while the software disappears from my desktop and so I cannot access it, when I try to restart it I get a window saying it's already running. When I go into task manager it's not there!
I only noticed this as my trackclip pro started going doolally and twitching at random times making the sim unplayable. Anyone have any ideas about either of these problems. I never used to have a problem with this unit or software until I recently re-installed windows 7 64bit. I've tried un-installing the software and re-installing it and going back to the previous version(4) without success, I'm not getting any real answers on other threads to this problem.
PPPPPLLLLEEEAAASSSSEEE HHHEEELLLLPPPP
Cheers
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: My software goes missing!

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

When you go to task manager, which tab does it not appear in? Applications or Processes?

If it's not in the applications tab, but it is in the processes tab, you should be able to select "TrackIR5.exe *32" and then click end process to force it to terminate.

I have heard of the twitchy responsiveness, and it seems to be symptomatic of an installation that was not done with administrative rights. Try uninstalling the software, re downloading it and saving it instead of running it. Right click on the installer and select "Run as administrator" (Even if your account is an administrator already). from that point you should be able to continue the installation as normal. After the installation is finished, check the device manager, and manually update the drivers by right clicking on the TrackIR device and selecting "update drivers" If windows asks you for a location, point it to:
c:\program files (x86)\naturalpoint\trackir5\drivers