vector or dot?

rpowers46

vector or dot?

Post by rpowers46 »

I had to reinstall windows and therefore TrackIR pro.I saved my profile.Is it supposed to be set to vector or dot?I ask because I always went to tracking to adjust the camera and I had 3 green dots as in vector.Now if I do that the head mirror image is very irratic but when I switch to dot it is OK but then I only have 1 green dot and 2 grey dots.Thanks,Ron
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: vector or dot?

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Are you using a TrackIR 3? If so, Have you re activated your vector license?
rpowers46

Post by rpowers46 »

I have TrackIR4 pro clip.I have the unit clipped to my headset.I don't have the hat clip on.I have been using it since 2008 but on reinstall I noticed the three dot one green the other 2 grey.See above post.I have not reinstalled FS yet but TrackIR seems to be working when I go to tracking option to line it up.I have not reactivated license to my knowledge but it seems to be working.Just want to know if I need it set to vector or dot.Thanks,Ron
rpowers46

Post by rpowers46 »

Does not work in Flight Simulator.It has been a long time since I first installed it.How do I activate it in FS?The green light is on above camera.Thanks,Ron
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

For a TrackClip Pro it should be set to vector. TIR5 would be ideal for this.

As for Flight Simulator, which version? If you are running Flight Simulator X, you need to ensure that it is fully updated through SP2 at minimum.
rpowers46

Post by rpowers46 »

It was working perfectly and I think I have it working again.I installed latest drivers etc.FSX is up to date with Accelleration.Thanks,Ron