Compatibility question about Astro A40 Headset.

Tufnel

Compatibility question about Astro A40 Headset.

Post by Tufnel »

Hi all,

I have done a few searches on the forum, and various other forums. No luck.

Has anybody used the Astro A40 with the Trackir Track Clip pro?

I am into flight simming, and I am in the market for a new headset.

I have been using Trackir with FSX for about 7-8 months and I love it.

Thanks
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Compatibility question about Astro A40 Headset.

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

I tested this a while back to see what the limit on a TrackClip Pro is. While I have not tried it with this particular unit, three sharpies was a great representation of the limits of the TrackClip's capacity. I have yet to see a set of headphones with a headband larger than that.
Tufnel

Post by Tufnel »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]I tested this a while back to see what the limit on a TrackClip Pro is. While I have not tried it with this particular unit, three sharpies was a great representation of the limits of the TrackClip's capacity. I have yet to see a set of headphones with a headband larger than that. [/quote]

Thanks for the reply. What are "Sharpies" I did a Google search but only a pen maker result was initially found.

Hopefully someone has some experiences with the Astro A40's. I think the compatibility will be the deciding factor on getting the headset.

Any idea's on comparable headsets?

thanks
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

The pen is exactly the reference I was making.
Tufnel

Post by Tufnel »

Hi there all.

This is just an update. FYI.

I went ahead and ordered the Astro A40 BxR [color:#3333FF]Blu[/color] and the Mix-Amp not knowing if the Trackir Pro Clip would fit the headset. (I live in Australia). Anyway a package arrived today which turned out to be the Astro A40 Headset.

.... oh and the Trackir clip pro fits onto the cylinder tube (extension thing) of the Astro a40's. I am really happy about that. (...and a little relieved). So yes it does fit. I had to extend the clip to the maximum setting and I think I broke a bit of the plastic on the Track pro clip. (1 of the 2 circular ends which hides the wires, but I think it is okay).

So yeah. To answer my own question. It does work. Add it to the list of compatible headsets if you want.

Regards