arma2 flickering screen when looking up

Tankbuster

arma2 flickering screen when looking up

Post by Tankbuster »

Guys, does anyone have any thoughts about this?

I have TIR4 with TCP and 5.1.3 software. I've just upgraded from 5.0 to try to fix this.

When I look up in the game, with the TIR, I get this..

There's odd horizontal bars across the screen showing what I would see if I wasn't looking up.

Now, with 5.0, the same effect was observed when I looked up using the mouse. With 5.1.3, looking up with the mouse is much improved, but there's still some graphics distortion

I tried to take screenshots with fraps, but the shots don't show these artefacts and if I use fraps to record video, they problems stop while fraps is recording. Most odd. So the above pic is taken with a camera phone.
Tankbuster

Re: arma2 flickering screen when looking up

Post by Tankbuster »

Turning fraps off has no effect, but turning TIR off fixes the problem.
Tankbuster

Post by Tankbuster »

Something more discovered..

If I look up using the mouse, the flickering starts... while looking up, if I cover the emitters with my hand, the flicker stops!
Tankbuster

Post by Tankbuster »

I think I have the solution. V-sync was forced off in the driver, so turning it on or off inside the game was ignored.

When I changed the graphics driver to "let the application decide" and turn v-sync on within the game the problem goes away. Turn off v-sync, the flickers and bars are back.

Solved.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Great to hear you were able to get this solved. I apologize we were not able to get to you during this issue, as our support department is off over the weekend. Out of curiosity, what video card and operating system are you using?
Tankbuster

Post by Tankbuster »

Win 7 64 Ulti and GTX470.
Tankbuster

Post by Tankbuster »

I was pretty sure it was a sync issue of some sorts. It seemed to me the screen was showing the image from me looking into the sky and them at the same time showing the image of me looking straight ahead.

Aside, are you doing stuff for ArmA3 next year?