Will TrackClip Pro work with Logitech G35 headset?

supraman

Will TrackClip Pro work with Logitech G35 headset?

Post by supraman »

Looking at how wide the track clip is, I dont know if it can be used with the Logitech G35s, it seems to be too thick and possibly too wide.

Anyone know if they are compatible?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Will TrackClip Pro work with Logitech G35 headset?

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

If the picture on the website is correct, it should fit right above the ear cup. For reference, the maximum capacity of the TrackClip Pro is approximately 3 sharpies (standard permanent marker) side by side
Anthem

Post by Anthem »

I have the 930 (wireless) similar dimensions, works fine. But, I opted for double sided taping the standard Track Clip to the top to keep things wireless.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

I use G35 headphones with Track Clip Pro. It is a tight fit, and it bareley snaps on at first but it does seat nicely after a bit of time once the spongy padding of the Track Clip squeezes into shape.

When attaching the Track Clip, slowly apply firm pressure to the clip and it will form around the G35. Do not force it too quickly or you may break the clip.

It does make it hard to remove the Track clip and put it on another headset because the spongy padding gets almost permanently shaped to the G35 form, but I have successfully removed my Track Clip from the G35 and mounted it on a smaller headset.

Pictured on this thread is my track clip pro removed from G35 and used again on a smaller headeset.

So yes, it works well, there is a sweet spot that Track Clip clamps around up toward the adjustable band of the G35.

If I think about it tomorrow I will post some pics. :)
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Well well, I finally got around to taking pics ... =P

[img:center]http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9337/dsc04427cr.jpg[/img]
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hows the tracking in the arm-up position? Does it respond to pitch properly?
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]Hows the tracking in the arm-up position? Does it respond to pitch properly? [/quote]
Yeah, it works great!

When I first setup my TIR, I found that swinging it up provided a truer line of sight to the camera mounted atop my monitor. With Track Clip in the "normal" position, the angle was causing the camera to stop tracking when looking down, or up. I get great range of motion up and down and all around. It also makes it easier to handle the headphones and access the hotkeys without Track Clip breakage.

I was slightly concerned about the wires twisting inside, and I wouldn't want to switch back and forth very often for sure.

For flight sims, I have to keep the monitors a bit higher than for normal computing or shooters in order to reach the stick and operate the pedals.

When I kick back (reclined) and play shooters, I lower the monitors and tilt the camera slightly downward.

As you can see in the pics, the Track Clip is perfectly centered to the camera so I get no dead zones.

Links to full size images:
Image 1
Image 2