Find how many cameras are seeing a point

aweinstein

Find how many cameras are seeing a point

Post by aweinstein »

Hi:

I want to find how many cameras are seeing a point, through the API. In the calibration tool, if I select the "Show camera rays" option, I can get that information, but I haven't find the way to do it through the API.
beckdo

Re: Find how many cameras are seeing a point

Post by beckdo »

Hi Alejandro,

I've been making more information accessible via the API. The camera rays are not currently available, but if you're requesting that information, I will add it to the API and get you something very quickly.
aweinstein

Post by aweinstein »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Doug]
I've been making more information accessible via the API. The camera rays are not currently available, but if you're requesting that information, I will add it to the API and get you something very quickly.
[/quote]

That will be great. The reason I want to know the number of cameras seeing a point, is that I think that the accuracy of the measurements is not too good if the point is capture from less than three cameras. Thus, from my program, I am not sure if I am getting a good measurement or not. Is my reasoning OK?
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Your reasoning is correct. The more cameras you have looking at a point...6, 8, 10, etc. the error just keeps getting better.