License activation

moiferse

License activation

Post by moiferse »

Hi. I've been working with the Point Cloud for a while and I have the system licensed to work with the cameras. Now I've to move the system to another place, with another computer, but the cameras are still the same. However, the other computer doesn't have Internet conection. Is it going to work my current license file just moving it to another computer (the cameras will be exactly the same)? And there is any problem with the license when adding more cameras to the system, or it has to be reactivated?

Thanks in advance :)
VincentG

Re: License activation

Post by VincentG »

Yes, everything should work fine if you move the license file to the new computer along with the cameras.

You can add cameras to the software as needed, the licensing is not affected by that (as long as the camera for which the license is activated is still connected). An internet connection is not required to run the software.

Note that new release of the Point Cloud software that just came out (1.0.033) has a new licensing format. If you upgrade to it, you will need to re-download your license so that it will be compatible.

When you register the software, the license file is installed at the following location.

C:\Program Files\Naturalpoint\Optitrack\License