Several bugs found

moiferse

Several bugs found

Post by moiferse »

Hi, I don't know if there is another place to post or report a bug, so I'll do it here.

Setup:
- Point Cloud 1.0.33
- Optitrack SDK 1.0.33 finalB
- 7 Flex C120, conected 3 to a D-link Hub, and the other 4 also (but the hub is in cascade to another D-Link hub, so I can bring the cameras further away)
- Cameras are sync
- Windows XP SP2
- Typical parameters: Threshold(50), Exposure(200), IR(15)
- Light conditions: I test with neon light and with no light (dark room)

Bug1:
When opening Point Cloud, the cameras are started, but if you don't pass the first screen (dont push Begin button), the application closes, but the LED's are still on. If you pass to next screen and close, they are properly closed.
Note I didn't test closing in other screens or halting the application via TaskManager)

Bug2:
In the preview screen, sometimes, some images are not thresholded and directly displayed in grayscale. This stops happening sometimes when changing some parameter (Intensity, Threshold or Exposure), but it can come back again any time.

Bug3:
I found that the images sometimes change, like if the threshold changes suddenly, blinking, (maybe exposure or intensity?), sorry but I can't explain so much. For example, the way I found: I block some regions and performed a whole calibration. Then I found an inexisting mark blinking on the world. I checked in the preview screen and found that the thresholded image was blinking, so the red spot inside the block region became bigger, producing then the mark I said. It happened because it was on several cameras at the same time, not just one. Note that the blinking was not happening only on thresholded mode, because I could see it also on a camera displaying in grayscale. That is the more severe bug of the three, specially if it reproduces when using the API. However I couldn't test it.

Looking forward the next software update ;)
beckdo

Re: Several bugs found

Post by beckdo »

Hi Moises,

On the preview screen of the calibration tool, when you hover the mouse over a preview window, that window will automatically toggle to a full grayscale image. This is to help people locate spurious or unwanted markers.

That said, when you have one of the preview images in grayscale it will slow the camera frame rate down on the camera that is in grayscale mode. As a result, the other preview images may pulse slightly as you describe. This is caused by the grayscale's camera IR illumination goes in and out of phase with the cameras running at full speed.

This is something you should keep in mind when on the preview screen. My advice is to just switch a camera into grayscale mode when you're trying to locate a particular spurious/unwanted marker then switch back.
leith

Post by leith »

for bug 2, its probably worth noting that the viewports will display grayscale when you mouse over them. is this the behavior your are seeing?
moiferse

Post by moiferse »

Well, I didn't notice about the mouse over behaviour. I can't test the system again until next thursday, but I remember I saw grayscale images even with the mouse not over them ('cause I tried to get rid of them by sliding the camera parameters, so the mouse was not over).

And if it happens as you say, then bug 3 may be caused by grayscale images being returned even when not in preview mode?