Error when saving capture data

ajaleo

Error when saving capture data

Post by ajaleo »

Hi,

I'm having problems when I try to save data from Point Cloud SDK. Before I had three cameras and I didn't get any problem. I don't know if having one more could be the reason or the new SW version (1.1.034.d) but when I try to save the capture data Point Cloud gets closed suddenly.

In Visual Studio I get a termination code -107373740191. Probably this number doesn't mean anything to you

Visual Studio also suggest that I should review how to solve buffer overflows in the manual but I don't know if it refers to Point Cloud's.

This is the message I get in Visual Studio:
Para obtener m�s detalles, consulte el tema de la Ayuda "C�mo depurar los problemas de saturaci�n del b�fer"
Bad header CRC on incoming data

Please, I am kind of stuck with this weird error.

Thanks
VincentG

Re: Error when saving capture data

Post by VincentG »

Can you send me a copy of your source code?
ajaleo

Post by ajaleo »

Is not my program but the Point Cloud Application. It simply crashes when it has to save the data from the calibration.
ajaleo

Post by ajaleo »

I've been doing more tests and the program only fails if I'm working with 4 cameras. If I work with 3 there is no problem. Since now we worked with 3 cameras but we get one more. I don't know if the problem is expecting three during older calculations.

I hope this will help you
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Is the deviec plugged into the same hub/usb port as the other units?

Try plugging into another USB port on the system?

What type of system are you using?
ajaleo

Post by ajaleo »

Hi Vincent,

All the cameras are plugged in the same usb using a hub. We have tried to plug each camera to a different USB but we get the same problem.

The cameras seem to work fine. The problem appears while saving the capture data in the Point Cloud Calibration Tool. We did all the steps and no problem but we just get the error when the tool save the data. However, this problem isn't there when we use only three cameras.

The o.s. is a Windows XP Professional SP II. The PC is a Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.20GHz and 2GB RAM.

Thanks
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

That is very unusual. If you could email support@naturalpoint.com with the reproduction steps as best as you can describe them, that would be great.

In the mean time, you can alternatively use the Rigid Body Tool to capture and export data but you'll still need to create and save the calibration result with the calibration tool.