SDK suggestion needed.

Matan

SDK suggestion needed.

Post by Matan »

I plan to create a new (and simple ) integrating optictrack capabilities.
In this project, with a single camera, our system needs to �track� 5 different markers, and to identify exactly when a specific marker is hidden.

For instance:
Subject: Trying to identify when a person put his finger into his pocket. The system uses the following configuration:
� 1 marker on the shoulder
� 1 marker on the elbow
� 1 marker on the finger

Our system needs to identify (as fast as possible) when the finger marker is hidden (= person put his finger into his pocket )
I would like to know your suggestion which SDK you suggest to use:
� Standard SDK?
� Or point cloud SDK?

Thanks
Mat
beckdo

Re: SDK suggestion needed.

Post by beckdo »

Sounds do-able. If you want 2D marker data use the free OptiTrack SDK API. If you want 3D marker data use the Tracking Tools.
Matan

Post by Matan »

OK,
Though, does standard SDK gives me the ability to track and idetify a specific marker? For example in my project I wrote you about: How can I notice that the missing marker is the "finger marker"?

(As I understand from the SDK I'll identify only that a marker is missing and could't know which one is missing)

Thanks
Mat
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Unfortunately you're responsible for determining which marker is which. The SDK gives the application a list of 2D markers which are in no particular order. Marker identification is the responsibility of the application.
Matan

Post by Matan »

OK and thanks, ;)
Is their a component in the SDK (or in pointcloud)
Which helps me identify the markers?
As I recall in the SDK I am notified in every frame of an array of markers. The index in this array is not consistent between two deferent frames. So as I understand in the application I need to have an algorithm which knows to "track" the markers. For instance:
In the beginning, finger marker was at index [0] but after a single frame it might be at index [3[ !?

Do you have any solution for this issue?

Thanks again
Mat
Birch

Post by Birch »

One option would be to use our Rigid Body toolkit/Tracking Tools product which provides identification and labeling of markers in 3D space when they are clustered into unique shapes (Rigid Bodies).
http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/p ... ing-tools/

We don't have any sample 2D or 3D tracking code available, but you might consider looking into touch-lib. Its an open source suite of code for multi-touch interfaces and should probably have some useful 2D tracking algorithms.
http://www.nuigroup.com/touchlib/