face marker jitters

DonBurroni

Re: face marker jitters

Post by DonBurroni »

glad you got it all sorted
farstar

Post by farstar »

Here is a update to my face marker jitter issue that some might find interesting.
Back story.
past face capture sessions I was getting great clean data with no issue of face marker jitters. . Then one day I started getting a issue of face marker jittering with same set up as the day before in all aspects. Hmm odd.
I go to forum and get great info on how to get this issue resolved and it works.
Today I did a test and set in the point cloud tab to V1 and not into V2 and the system performed perfectly just like it did before I started getting face marker jitters.
In closing If you see this issue just pop up on you try point cloud V1 instead of V2.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Interesting note. The two point cloud engines are not based on eachother, however they are instead two different methods of solving the point cloud based on the 2d camera data. V2 was created from the ground up for version 1.7.2 (TT 2.3.3) without reference to the original engine in an attempt to address certain issues. It's not to say that one is better than the other, however. The fact of the matter is that they both solve the point cloud differently, and if you find that V1 works better for your setup then by all means use it. It's not a "downgrade" per-se.