Custom Skeleton Setup - Motion Builder streaming

mayamak

Custom Skeleton Setup - Motion Builder streaming

Post by mayamak »

Is it possible to make my own custom seleton with more than 38 markers nad send stream of all markers to motion builder?

I would like to set custom skeleton setup like this:
4 markers on head
5 on chest
3 on arm
5 on hip
3 on forearm
4 on hand
3 on leg
3 on shin
4 on foot
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Custom Skeleton Setup - Motion Builder streaming

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

You can add markers to an existing marker set within the skeleton wizard. At the point where you would normally auto fit the markers, Instead, click on the bone you wish to assign, hold control, and click on the markers that are associated with that bone. Unfortunately there is no "unassign" function, so if you make a mistake, you have to clear and start over.
mayamak

Post by mayamak »

Ok, I did custom skleton setup. Is it possible to "Fit t-pose" in custom skeleton, or save template of markers and after next time do auto assign?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Unfortunately, no. Fit T-pose only works with the pre-defined marker sets, and it is not possible at this time to pre-define a marker set to create a custom unit, though it's not a bad idea.
leith

Post by leith »

If you augment the standard skeleton with xtra markers, you can select only the markers from the standard set and the auto fit will work based on the selection.

Much like you can select three markers for the t square to force it to align the volume.

This way, You can marker up you talent with a more robust marker set and not lose the auto fit functionality.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=Brad_Friedman]If you augment the standard skeleton with xtra markers, you can select only the markers from the standard set and the auto fit will work based on the selection.

Much like you can select three markers for the t square to force it to align the volume.

This way, You can marker up you talent with a more robust marker set and not lose the auto fit functionality. [/quote]
Good tip, Brad. Out of curiosity--how many additional markers have you successfully added before you ran into marker merging and occlusion issues?
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
leith

Post by leith »

Quite a few. It's all about placement and number of cameras. I usually start with chest markers. And I often have some facial markers as well.

I've been experimenting with alternative hand marker sets.

There is room on the thighs and shins.

I sometimes do an extra belt marker.

I'd really like a more generic, articulated rigid body solver, with solvable joints and toolkits for constraining joints via markers. That way I could T pose to fit skeleton, ROM to optimize the joint positions, and then remove the markers that are sub optimal for tracking (but helped me fit). But since we're nowhere close to that, the kinds of markers above are what I'm limited to, for the reasons suggested.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Good notes! We are doing some solver work for upcoming versions of arena, so I'll pass this along to our developers for review.
DonBurroni

Post by DonBurroni »

great tips brad, top notch