add finger marker to custom skeleton

mayamak

add finger marker to custom skeleton

Post by mayamak »

Did anyone tested this setup. How can I add finger marker to my character? How should looks setup for this?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: add finger marker to custom skeleton

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

There's no way to add a "finger marker" to the skeleton, because there is no finger bone at this time. Hands are the furthest you can marker.
mayamak

Post by mayamak »

I found some trick that can be helpfull. Here are links to scenes >
- DOWNLOAD-MobBu_2012_scene
- DOWNLOAD-Arena_Files

I added 2 markers. One to the tip of index finger and one the tip of pinky finger. To fit T-pose and Auto-Assign on non-standard markerset I selected markers that are counted by preset(34) and do t-pose fit and auto-assing.

I recorded session and trajactorize it. Markers that were on the fingers appeared as "unlabeled1" and "unlabeled2".

In Motion Builder I mapped marker from pinky to 3 fingers: middle, ring and pinky. From index source marker I mapped index finger on actor.

Question: How can I label unlabeled markers after trajectorizing? Can I add them some names? Thare is a tool called "label track" but I can't find way to use it to label those markers.
bsteagal

Post by bsteagal »

Mayamak

Interesting.. how many cameras do you have in your setup? and what type? (v100r1? v100r2? s250e?, I haven't had the chance to open your arena files, only the MB ones...

Have you tried adding a marker to the thumb? The results so far seem to be pretty good, although the real test would be in normal movement, to see how much occlusion you are going to get..

thanks for providing the files!

Bryan
Bryan Steagall
Owner
Kidz Korner Studio
OptiTrack Distributor
Mexico, Central and South America
505-615-2410
bryan@kkstudio.us
www.kkstudio.us
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Definately a good solution! I should probably clarify my previous statement. You can definately put markers on the fingers, however there's no ability at this time to define finger bones in the skeleton. It's still possible, however, to have undefined markers and do something with them in mobu.
mayamak

Post by mayamak »

I used 24 s250e cameras setup, but number of camers that could saw marker was about 18-20. We have unusual camera setup :)

I didn't made a thumb because there is very small space between thumb and index finger and markers will swap non-stop, I tried to add 2 markers on index finger but it also wasn't good idea. On next session I will make tests with normal movement.
7ced7

Post by 7ced7 »

Do you have pictures of your finger marker?
thanks!