Custom Upper Body Skeleton Streaming to NatNetSDK

UofAStudent

Custom Upper Body Skeleton Streaming to NatNetSDK

Post by UofAStudent »

Hello,

I am attempting to stream only an upper body skeleton by getting participants to do a T-pose, then individually assigning each marker to appropriate rigid body. This method works fine and streams consistent order marker positions of the skeleton from Arena to NatNet.

In NatNet I only get Descriptor_MarkerSet from GetDataDescription. From Arena I have stream: 1) Right Hand Coordinate System 2) 3D Marker Positions and 3) Skeleton as Rigid Bodies checked when I stream. My guess is that it has to do with my set up in Arena. Although I can get the 3D markers out in a consistent order every frame I want to know how to stream the skeleton.

Additionally when I create the skeleton and stream it the scale appears off. When I put the data into matlab I get about 500 units for the shoulder length. My guess is that it is in mm and not cm.

Thanks
UofAStudent
UofAStudent

Re: Custom Upper Body Skeleton Streaming to NatNetSDK

Post by UofAStudent »

Sorry from reading my own post it appears a bit unclear what I am trying to say. Basically I can get the individual markers easily streamed, but I cannot get the skeleton to stream as a set of rigid bodies from arena.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Are you streaming rigid body data from arena?

UofAStudent

Post by UofAStudent »

The only difference is that I do not have Rigid Bodies checked, just Skeleton as Rigid Bodies. When I make custom rigid bodies they all seem to stream good when Rigid Bodies is checked. I never actually tried it with the custom upper body skeleton. I imagine that will work, and I assume the way I assign rigid bodies is the order they are streamed, and the order that markers are assigned to a rigid body is the order they are streamed within the body. Interesting I will give this a go tomorrow.

Also is there a huge manual for the software Optitrack Arena somewhere, rather than just the Quick Start Up guide?

Thanks,
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

[quote=UofAStudent]
Also is there a huge manual for the software Optitrack Arena somewhere, rather than just the Quick Start Up guide?[/quote]

Yes and no. It's in the process of being written. ETA is very hard to pin down at this moment.