So Many Unexplaned Arena Settings

Ghost_Train

So Many Unexplaned Arena Settings

Post by Ghost_Train »

Is there anywhere I can get detailed documentation on the many features and settings of Arena? As far as I've seen, the Quickstart guide and tutorial videos only cover the basic.

I want to know what all the settings & screens of the calibration & skeleton process means. My thoughts are if I understand it better then I can figure out how to get the best results. If this info is available it seems hidden pretty well.
I want to know how to setup my markers better.

I want to know the best way to setup my markers.
The pictures included in the help folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\OptiTrack\Arena\Help
do not match up with the marker placement suggested in the Skeleton wizard. And neither of them have given me very good results. I end up having to manually correct the bone axis rotations after setting up my T-Poser. It was an accident that I found out I could even edit the bones at all.

Is there a detailed manual anywhere? If not, will there be one in the future? I'm feel like I'm searching for hidden treasure. ...actually more like playing the Japanese version of Final Fantasy with no translation.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: So Many Unexplaned Arena Settings

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

[quote=Ghost_Train]actually more like playing the Japanese version of Final Fantasy with no translation. [/quote]

Hit home with that analogy.

Unfortunately, there's no definitive manual for Arena at the moment. It's in the process of being written (though work is going slower than I would like on it). I do have a preliminary manual for Tracking Tools that will cover all of the basic settings concepts for you as well as the calibration (though the UI is different in TT, all of the settings are the same). I'll be more than happy to forward you a copy if you send me an email at support@naturalpoint.com .
Ghost_Train

Post by Ghost_Train »

Thank.

Is it a different than the Tracking Tools 2.0 User Guide?
I'm checking that out.

I'll send an email.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

It is, very much so. The new one should be valid through 2.4.0 beta and includes comprehensive settings information. It will be further revised for the new UI in 2.5.0.