Face template wizard problems

Admir

Face template wizard problems

Post by Admir »

Hi.
I am running Arena 1.7 with 8 R100 v2 cameras.Went through all tuts, tips and decided to give it a go.
Cameras are set up 6 in semi circle (high and low) and 2 from sides aiming actor. Calibration (1 marker wand) went well, mounted calibration square on stand after calibration to set up ground plane. Actor has 37 3mm markers placed according to 37 markers on face 4 on band.
In face template wizard, using 37+4 marker setup i can see 41 points and record them. Next step, selecting 4 head markers and pressing Create gives me totally random setup with wrongly connected markers. If i save template and use it in Arena to record capture (with mesh rendered) i can see that capture is doing ok, markers are there but face template is messed up.

I have sent all files (calibration, template, example data) to support.

Thnx in advance,
Admir
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Face template wizard problems

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Your left upper eyelid is a bit off. Eyelid markers should form a vertical line.

Additionally, there's a great video on our site to show how to handle template setting/resetting here. Follow the link and watch the custom face template setting video.

Once it is tracking appropriately, uncheck loop then play backwards to the beginning, let it stop on it's own, then trajectorize. You'll get much heartier pt3 data.
Admir

Post by Admir »

Hi Mike, thnx for the reply.
I dont have problems with tracking and trajectorizing (as you can see from files i have sent). The problem starts in Face template wizard as after recording couple seconds to create template, selecting 4 head markers and pressing Create, the template is all messed up (markers are wrongly recognized and connected. You can check in trajectorized file how it looks. I am affraid that this way exported data will be messed up aswel.

Admir
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

The issue is that the markers are being incorrectly identified. Resetting the template as in the video, or pressing ctrl-r as it is playing back untrajectorized, will force the system to attept to re-identify the markers. Resetting it while paused and moving it in place provides help for identifying those markers properly to begin with.