Locomotion Parameters

mawasef

Locomotion Parameters

Post by mawasef »

Hi,
I am interested in gait analysis using Motion Capture system supported by Arena software. I have little experience in walking capture. My question is whether I can capture only the markers position of the two legs simultaneously (without putting markers on the others organs)? Is the suggested suite has separate parts for upper and lower limbs?

Regards,
bsteagal

Re: Locomotion Parameters

Post by bsteagal »

Hi Firas

arena can only do full body capture, and is not really designed for gait analysis. (it was designed for mocap for media related applications) Tracking Tools might be more useful to you, since there you can do a series of "rigid" bodies that define the two limbs or whatever choice of limbs you want. Tracking tools is more of a research tool.

You can also pair Naturalpoint cameras with C-Motion's Visual3d, the premier tool for biomechanics.

You can pm me if you want more information.

Thanks
Bryan Steagall
Owner
Kidz Korner Studio
OptiTrack Distributor
Mexico, Central and South America
505-615-2410
bryan@kkstudio.us
www.kkstudio.us
NaturalPoint - Brent

Re: Locomotion Parameters

Post by NaturalPoint - Brent »

Bryan, thank you for responding to Firas.

Firas, I am sorry we did not get back to you more quickly to answer your question. You can track the lower half of a body by first setting up a full body marker-set and then deleting what you do not want to use.

We know this is not exactly the easiest method at this point, but you can do it. Once the skeleton is set up initially, you can delete the unneeded markers from the scene and skeleton.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask and we will get back to you right away.

Thank you,
Brent Mason
Technical Support Engineer
NaturalPoint