Optitrack to Daz Studio

Diegolum

Optitrack to Daz Studio

Post by Diegolum »

Hello all,

I am an Arena user since 5 years ago, so far everything has gone very well using Poser as .bvh reader, but now my clients want to use Daz Studio Genesis models, so I'm working with Daz Studio but can not get good results, the figures stay around in the air and feet slide into air. There seems to be a mismatch between Arena and Daz Studio.

Please, wanted to know if there is any video or tutorial explaining the connection between Daz Studio 4.5 Genesis models and OptiTrack, I tried to find this information in your forum but can not find anything conclusive.

The easier it is the connection between Optitrack and other programs are going to sell more licenses:)

Thanks in advance

Diego
jolsonsalem

Re: Optitrack to Daz Studio

Post by jolsonsalem »

I found this guide on importing BVH files into Daz Studio:
http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/ ... _importbvh

The pictures aren't loading for me but the option for "In Place Mode" may have something to do with why your characters are staying in place. There may also be a naming difference in mapping that will have to be edited.
Diegolum

Post by Diegolum »

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the link,Daz Studio unfortunately has no way to change the name of the bones so that currently there is not way to work with Genesis and Victoria 4 works better but still sliding feet on the ground.

I am using Poser, C4d, and now Daz Studio, in any of the three programs have succeeded in preventing the foot sliding over the ground, this does not happen in Arena, Arena feet do not slide on the floor alone. I think if you could provide to the user a way to open their motion capture files in the most common software OptiTrack would make something more popular.

Please can you give me any advise in order to prevent or minimize the foot sliding?

Thanks for your help

Diego
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

BVH files are in plain text so you should be able to edit them any text editor such as Notepad.
Diegolum

Post by Diegolum »

Hi Jeff, Thank you for the explanation, please can you tell me if there is any way to change the .bvh bones names and size inside Arena? so we don't have to change each time manually.

Thanks in advance
Diego