.pt2/.pt3 format specification?

dsc

Re: .pt2/.pt3 format specification?

Post by dsc »

Hi Seth,

many thanks, I can confirm that with the corrected face template you sent me it's working much better now.

However, I am unable to reproduce the correction procedure: In step six (00:59 in your video), when you select the first of the head markers, the rotation rings that appear seem to be centered around the center of the head. For me, the rings are centered around the marker I just clicked on. After ctrl-clicking all four head markers, I'm unable to rotate.
If I select the rigid body, I can rotate, but that affects all markers of course.

I would also like to know how I can avoid this kind of problem in the future. Was it caused by the headband not being aligned correctly with the actor's face from the very beginning? Or is it likely that the actor rotated the headband at some point, causing a mismatch with the face template? Or does it have something to do with the neutral pose selected for creating the face template?

Thank you,
Dietmar
Seth Steiling

Re: .pt2/.pt3 format specification?

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Dietmar,

It's possible that the rotation of markers isn't available in the version you have. It was a fairly recent addition to the software.

For future reference: the center of head rigid body is calculated by taking an average of all four head markers. You can adjust the head band so that its center is better aligned with the actual head center horizontally. Rotating the headband after the template is created to better align the z axis with the face�s front direction should also work.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack