Many empty frames because of custom synchronization

dsc

Many empty frames because of custom synchronization

Post by dsc »

In a recent recording session, I started to use the sync signals coming out of the OptiHubs. In Arena 1.7.1 under Cameras -> Synchronization I have switched to "Custom Synchronization" with "Pulse Type" being set to "Recording Level". This way I get a nice signal telling me when recording was started and stopped. So far so good.

However, the takes that I recorded in this way are quite strange when I re-open them (the .pt2 and .grs files): The first take for example says it's 16734441 frames long, of which the first 16727694 frames are empty. Then the remaining 6747 frames contain my actual data.
That's strange but at least it seems that all data is there and correct, even the grayscale video appears normal for these last 6747 frames.

But here comes the show-stopper: When I trajectorize this data (from 16727694 to 16734441), I am affected by the problem described in http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post54685 namely a delay between the grayscale video and the 3D point data very strongly. Also, trajectorizing goes very slowly, slower than realtime (usually it's much faster than realtime).

Due to the mentioned frame loss problem, I have gotten used to recording only short takes, such that not much drift happens. But apparently the 16 million spurious frames cause the same thing to happen, and I end up with several thousand frames missing / offset.

Is there something that can be done?
I've taken the liberty to already e-mail to Seth saying where example files from my recordings can be downloaded.

Many thanks for your help,
Dietmar
Seth Steiling

Re: Many empty frames because of custom synchronization

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Dietmar,

I received your email on this topic and will create a support ticket for you. Stay tuned. :)

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack