Streaming Data from Arena

RoboGuy

Streaming Data from Arena

Post by RoboGuy »

I am trying to stream data from mocap to another computer on my network. I am using ROS and trying to capture the data streamed. There does exist a ROS node that captures the streamed data and publishes it as a transform. However I am not capturing the data. I set the streaming to multicast and put the IP of my other computer. I selected Rigid Hand Coord, 3D Marker Positions, Rigid Body Data and Rigid Body Marker Pros to stream. However I am still not getting any data. I am very sure that the ROS node is running fine. So the problem is in my streaming. What is going wrong?
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Streaming Data from Arena

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi RoboGuy,

This could be a network issue on your mocap computer. Have you disabled windows firewall? Do you have any antivirus applications running? Have you tried streaming from Arena to ROS on the same computer?

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
RoboGuy

Post by RoboGuy »

I disabled the windows firewall and there is no antivirus running on the computer. I cannot run the ROS node on the same computer because I am running ROS on a Ubuntu machine. I am running Arena on a Windows computer. The Windows computer is not setup to run ROS. I ran a program to look at the data being sent and received from the network. From what I found, Arena is not broadcasting anything. What can the problem be?
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hello,

Could I have a screenshot of your broadcast settings in Arena? We do offer remote desktop assistance.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav