Motion Builder head rotation record

kicsisimo

Motion Builder head rotation record

Post by kicsisimo »

I am recording a take from optitrack arena into motion builder, while I am in the recording mode the head movement and rotations works fine, however when I am done with the recording and switch to offline mode to watch the recorded scene the head no longer have any movement and rotation. How can I record the head movement as well like the markers?
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Motion Builder head rotation record

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello kicsisimo,

Thank you for reaching out to the community for support.

Could you provide some more information regarding your workflow?
Are you recording in ARENA or MotionBuilder, and where are you observing the head movement?

If you could provide a detailed step-by-step of your process, with screenshots of what you are seeing, this may help us to troubleshoot with you better.

It may also be a good idea to reach out to us at help.naturalpoint.com where we can communicate more directly.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Customer Support Engineer
kicsisimo

Post by kicsisimo »

Hello,

besically what I do is: I have a recorded face capture in the Arena. I am streaming that take to the motionbuilder. MoBu collects the information correctly, head rotation as well ( the rotation and movement of the "OptiTrack Optical:optical" in the image ). I go to record mode in the mobu optical optitrack device, and record the take ( first image ) the head rotation/movement is still there. However when I am done recording and switch the Live mode off ( second image ) and start playing the recorded data, the rotation/movement of the head ( "OptiTrack Optical:optical" ) is not there, it stays in one place.

screenshots:
1: http://i.imgur.com/mBiXD27.jpg
2: http://i.imgur.com/wycv4Ne.jpg

Thank you for your help,
Simo
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi Simo,

Thank you for that additional information. This sounds like it may be a MotionBuilder workflow issue.

If you could open a ticket with us a help.naturalpoint.com, I would like to troubleshoot with you a bit there.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer