bvh files produced by Arena

educasoft

Re: bvh files produced by Arena

Post by educasoft »

Well, the point cloud toolkit is capable of saving comma separates files with the 3d coordinates of each point discovered by the camera's.

Maybe arena could have a similar feature at least. where you save to a file

X1,X2,X3,X4,X5,X6,A1,A2,A3,B1,B2,B3,C1,C2,C3,D1,D2,D3

Where X1->X3 = position of root bone
X4->X6 = rotation of root bone
A1->A3 = roration of first child bone
and so on....

And to go 1 little step further. If you could manage to save it to a file, you could as well just stream these lines of data over a tcp-ip socket (and preferably text based since tcp-ip can surely handle this amount of data) to another tcp-ip socket.

That way your application could save to some excel style file for people who don't want to parse bhv files (with minimal risk on calculation errors) and if users wants to stream to his own application, then he can even stream to any pc he likes because tcp-ip is so flexible.

You could capture on pc A and stream to your own application on the same PC A, but you could as well capture on Pc A and stream to the IP address of PC B.

This has huge possibilities and I'm quite convinced that its peanuts for you to build it in, Since everybody knows that the harderst thing of motion capture is calculating angles, roll, .... for joints. Once the data is in memory you can practically do with it whatever you want.

You seem to have a very nice product over there.

1 Extra thing. HANDS.

As we have seen with the boxing movie, there is no hand information. I even don't know if the 3dmarkers of optitrack could be used for hand tracking and I doubt it will be possible to do it while also doing a full body tracking.

Therefore, we will use some kind of bend-sensor-data glove.

If your application can stream to our application, then our same application could in realtime also capture the dataglove data. Combining this with a wireless little (black painted) headset with microphone our app could digitise full body motion, hand motion and the synchronised audio to have the lipsync do its work.

Result:-> absolutely no problems anymore to synchronise motion paths to eachother.

Thats why its so important for us to be able to stream to our own software for further processing and I really hope you guys will build it in.

Now I'm coming with a question I asked before but did not find answer for it.

WILL NATURALPOINT HAVE A DEALER IN EUROPE?

the $5000 toolkit seems very nice to buy. Even if we still need to buy a suit and trackers (which oucht to be in if you really want to call it a KIT)

But.... $5000 is 3727 euro. You have to calculate also the import taxes which are quite huge in europe. If you would have a european dealer, then we would know how to handle this and what the exact price is.

Kind regards,

Bart Libert
EducaSoft BVBA
Belgium
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Currently, there are no plans to have a specific European dealer for the OptiTrack line of products, but it is something that we can look into.
tvining

Post by tvining »

I was able to import the bvh into Poser and render that in Cinema 4D (on a Mac) using Kuroyume's InterposerPro for Cinema 4D. It worked really well, the only problem was that the toes kept going through the floor--they didn't seem to bend. Will the Optitrack system allow for toe bend? Also, for MotionBuilder users, does MB have tools to keep feet from falling through floors?

And I'll agree with others: keep up the good work you guys at NaturalPoint--this system looks great! (And Yoshi, did you already work for Naturalpoint back when you were first developing your system and had your samples online?)

Thanks--Tim
markdc

Post by markdc »

>Also, for MotionBuilder users, does MB have tools to keep feet >from falling through floors?

Yes, MB has floor contacts that automatically keep the feet from going through and handles foot roll. It also does this for hands.