Capture Area

jasonfox

Capture Area

Post by jasonfox »

I'm really excited about this motion capture setup, and I understand it is a budget product, but I'm a bit concerned about the maximum capture volume.

Looking at the setup diagrams, am I correct in reading that the maximum capture area (floorspace) is a 10' diameter?

If this is so, it seems limited to simple 'on the spot' motion capture like fighting or dancing, and no good for capturing even a simple walk/run cycle.

Can you please clarify the maximum capture area in regards to available floor space.
Jim

Re: Capture Area

Post by Jim »

Hello:

In general, with our mocap system, you will get about 1/2 the distance between the cameras as a capture volume. So, if the cameras are about 20' apart, the capture space would be 10'.

We have a 15' square volume here, with 12 cameras, and we have a little less than 10' square of capture volume.

The upper capture volume limit is really a function of cable layout and space in general. USB cables are only 16' long max, so you have to space the cameras, hubs and extenders properly. We sell nice extenders now and have tested them over 45' which seems like a long distance. I think you could get a 20' capture volume with the appropriate camera placement, but we haven't tested this yet.

After the software is out, we will post a lot of different capture configurations, and test with larger volumes.

Thanks!
jasonfox

Post by jasonfox »

Thanks for the quick reply Jim :-)

Do you have a release date for this yet?

Regards

Jason
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Currently we are looking at an October release date, but that can be subject to change....