Sincronization

lacaze

Sincronization

Post by lacaze »

Hi, this is Denise, I'm Isabel's student and we are interested in this product but we would like to know if anyone has already done the sincronization of the cameras and the force plataform and how it was done?

Thanks,
Denise Helena
seanboyette

Re: Sincronization

Post by seanboyette »

Denise -
Can you go into a bit more detail of your question -

Camera Sync is handled by Arena itself with appropriate cabling. I do not believe that you can even aquire a proper calibration without sync.

I am not sure what force Platform is.

Sean
Birch

Post by Birch »

Arena does not currently support syncing with external sources such as force plates. I believe a few customers have implemented workarounds to sync with external data, so it can be done to some degree. We are aware of the interest in the feature and are looking in to adding full support for it.
lacaze

Post by lacaze »

Hi Sean

Here in lab we have a force plate AMTI which aloud us to measure vertical force reaction and we'll have the optitrack system to motion capture; both of them will be used to assess lots of biomechanics variables and force plate and cameras have to be rolled simultaneouly.

According to Natural Points they don't support this but sfew people did this. I'd like to know how did they get it?

Tks,
Denise Helena
leith

Post by leith »

its not automatic but it could work for a limited setup:

marker up a rigid body and at the head of the take, drop it onto the force place. You'll see the impact in both arena and on the force plate data, and that will allow you to sync a take when you merge the data after the fact.

I'd think going forward the easiest way to integrate systems like this would be to allow Arena to set off GPI triggers, and possibly even detect and capture GPI trigger events in the pt2 file. I'd have thought there was a USB GPI device out there that would make this trivial. But Google has failed me in that regard. curious.
digitizer

Post by digitizer »

In regards to biomechanical variables, such as joint and segment velocities, accelerations and other kinematics, has there been enough interested expressed in order for those features to be added?

I suspect a lot of those features could be developed using the tools provided by the SDK.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We have had a lot of interest in adding biomech features, and it is on our long term road map.