ARENA and Poser

Jim

Re: ARENA and Poser

Post by Jim »

Retargeting is a very hard thing to do, and we use MotionBuilder to do it. It essentially remaps the data of one actor onto another actor that is a different size.

I think that Scale Automatically, is just going to try and match the size and proportions as close as possible, but it isn't the same thing, as the limbs of the character will not match the actor, just the general size. Using MB can help this, or just tweaking in Poser to get it as close as possible.
tvining

Post by tvining »

When you say "tweak in Poser", do you mean there's a utility for resizing/retargeting the skeleton manually? I've been using Poser for a long time, but I don't know about this. If you can just point me in the right direction that would help a lot.

Thanks--Tim
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

I should clarify, I am not an expert in Poser and don't know what tools you could use to tweak the skeleton beyond scaling, but if there is a way to do that, I would try to scale and size the character to be as close as possible to the skeleton of the actor.
yoshi

Post by yoshi »

Hello,

Here is a video of Arena plugin for DAZ Studio.
http://media.naturalpoint.com/ftp/npupl ... -Arena.wmv
We will be showing real time demonstration at SIGGRAPH among other exciting new features.
rock soderstrom

Post by rock soderstrom »

very cool, I prefer Daz Studio over Poser. I am really curious about the other new features. Are they available for free or do we have to pay for? Is the SIGGRAPH the release date too?
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

The ability to stream to DAZ is a free upgrade for all Arena customers. It will be released shortly after SIGGRAPH, but we are showing it live at the show too.
rock soderstrom

Great news, thanks!
markdc

Post by markdc »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Jim]Hello:

The ability to stream to DAZ is a free upgrade for all Arena customers. It will be released shortly after SIGGRAPH, but we are showing it live at the show too. [/quote]

Nice!
tvining

Post by tvining »

Hey Bryan,

Quick question: how do you get a bvh out of Motion Builder to bring into Poser? I downloaded the MB demo, and it looks like you can import a BVH, but that you can only export FBX(?)

Thanks--Tim
rock soderstrom

Hi Tim,

you can export bvh files via File/Export in Motionbuilder, just choose bvh in the pull down menue.