Daz Studio Plugin Specs/Availability Date?

tvining

Daz Studio Plugin Specs/Availability Date?

Post by tvining »

First: could somebody describe in general terms how the Daz Studio plugin will work? Will it "retarget" the Arena data to the specific Daz skeleton so that all the translations/rotations will be correct?

Second: I'm working on a job right now where I could really use the ability to get from Arena to Poser, and I think that via Daz might be the way. (Right now I can export a bvh from Arena and import into Poser, but it doesn't seem to be as clean as the original Arena data.) Any word on the release date??

Thanks--Tim
Jim

Re: Daz Studio Plugin Specs/Availability Date?

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We are looking at a release date in September.

We are not fully retargeting into DAZ, but there is scaling and user supported options to make the motion look pretty dang good.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with Poser. Their booth was right next to ours at SIGGRAPH, you should bug them, I am sure they saw our cool booth. :) I have heard that there are several ways to help Poser out with BVH importing, some threads on this forum talk about it a lot. We recommend smaller clip sizes and importing to the generic model, then applying that motion to your character. I believe those are the highlights from the forum posts.
dtaylor112

Post by dtaylor112 »

Haven't been on the forum in a short while now.

What's this about Arena & Daz?
I made a short flick using Arena and Poser and it was OK but I'd love to see better results if I can get them as Poser can be a bit... finicky with BVH files.

Is Arena being optimized to work better with Daz? If so I'm going to have to get more familiar with Daz.

Maybe if there's some documentation or information (videos etc) around about this, one of you good people can direct me to it? ;-)

Thanks!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV7MWWgkoQM

It is something that will be supported, in a future version of the software.
tvining

Post by tvining »

Just one more question: will the plugin feed live into Daz Studio, or does it export the captured Arena session to Daz?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

As far as I understand how it works, it is a live data feed, similiar to what we do with MotionBuilder.