3D Studio Max plugin now available

kdoyle

Re: 3D Studio Max plugin now available

Post by kdoyle »

I've experienced crashing behaviour from the plugin. Hard to pin down exactly when. Suspect something to do with streaming buffer and memory.

On the other hand, using a consistent repeated method, can stream and capture without crashing perfectly every time.

I noticed that when the frame range has been reached, and plugin starts to 'set keyframes', max is still processing something which I suspect is the streaming input.

At this time, just a guess from me that the software should stop this process and just do the processing for setting the keyframes within the time range for recording.
Locutus

Post by Locutus »

Does this plugin work for 3ds Max 2010 as well......because I could not find a plugin for the current version.

Edit:
Never mind, I just tried to launch 3ds Max 2010 with your plugin and it doesn't load. So my next question is obvious.....when are you going to recompile this plugin now that 3ds Max 2010 been out for 7 months?

Thank you.
Birch

Post by Birch »

Hello, we've posted an update version of the plugin with support for 3DS Max 2010. Please give it a try and let us know if you encounter any issues with it.

http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/ ... gin_v2.zip
DanB

Post by DanB »

Please help. I am getting "Biped Initialization failed" when clicking on "select biped.

I have 2 bipeds in the drop down menu of the select biped dialog. I have tried both and neither work.

Also i have tried to import motion as .bvh in the biped motion capture rollout but it comes in flipped and scale is wrong. I can't find the correct scale when exporting. How can i fix that?

I'd rather use the 3d max plugin, but i just need to get motion applied to a biped asap, doesn't matter how.
DanB

Post by DanB »

Ok i got all servers and host and bipeds to work but i am not seeing any update when i start streaming. I have set Arena to my server address in the streaming rollout. Is this correct or shouldi be putting in my client address? I have tried both neither starts motion in max.

I am using Arena on a x64 vista machine and 3dsmax on vista 32 bit. Would this make a difference?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The IP address should be for the server PC's address.

Plugin installed on the secondary system?
Ives

Post by Ives »

Max 2011 plug in coming soon?
yoshi

Post by yoshi »

Hi Ives,

You can use Max 2010 plugin on Max 2011.
bsteagal

Post by bsteagal »

Yoshi:

I went back today to try to use the new 3ds max plugin for Arena in max 2008, I'm not getting anything at all, Plugin successfully connects to arena, says that biped is initialized (I'm picking biped 1) no results.. running windows vista 32 bit

I'm including picture for your reference

thanks for the help

Bryan Steagall
Owner
Kidz Korner Studio
OptiTrack Distributor
Mexico, Central and South America
505-615-2410
bryan@kkstudio.us
www.kkstudio.us
VincentG