Optiwand Questions

echer

Optiwand Questions

Post by echer »

We will be receiving our Optiwand on Thursday and would like to know if a calibration demo video is going to be posted for this new item. I hope there are instructions included in the box =).

But basically do we go through the same calibration procedure as before or is it totally new?

Thanks for the assistance.
Seth Steiling

Re: Optiwand Questions

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Echer. The calibration process is very similar. There are changes, but I think you'll find them very intuitive, and even more conducive to quick and simple calibration. Much of what you'll notice right off the bat involves real-time visualization of your volume size, the error, etc.

I'm sure that we will have a tutorial video posted before long, as well, if you run into any roadblocks. Of course, you can always call in, and we'll walk you through it if need be.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
SunGS

Post by SunGS »

Hi Seth. I thought the optiwand could only be calibrated with the new version of Arena that has not yet been released. So from my understanding we can use the new optiwand with Arena 1.5(released dec 09). Is it the same calibration process?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

The 3 marker arrangement can only be used with the upcoming release of ARENA. However, for the time being, you can remove two of the markers and continue to calibrate as you normally would with a single marker.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack