Question about licensing and # of Camera's

filmcraft

Question about licensing and # of Camera's

Post by filmcraft »

I just bought 2 different optitrack setups, a 6 and an 8, I have software for 1.4, but I need to buy a year to become updated, but my question is, I don't need an additional license to use the other cameras in my system do I? Also, is it even possible to use a 14 camera setup?

Thanks
Jim

Re: Question about licensing and # of Camera's

Post by Jim »

Hello:

No, you do not need to update your license to use the cameras combined together. Arena 1.5 supported the R2 version of the camera, so if you have those, you will need to update.

Yes, you can run all 14 cameras on the same PC, but we do recommend updating to the latest software, as there are significant performance improvements.

You might want to call in, to talk to Vince about your setup and what we would recommend to update.
filmcraft

Post by filmcraft »

About upgrading, apparently the lic is 10 months lapsed, does that mean even if I by the new year upgrade for $599 it will only be good for a month and a half and even then I still wouldn't be able to use the 1.5 because the lic is only valid for another 1 1/2?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

If you are currently 10 months lapsed and bought 1 year of maintenance then you would be current for another ~2 months. That would also allow you to use Arena 1.5 because your (then updated) license valid period would cover the date when Arena 1.5 was released.

You would also gain access to Arena 1.6 beta 1, and possibly Arena 1.6 Final (we are not yet sure about the timing of the Final release).

If you allowed your license to lapse after the two months, the software you had access to will continue to work. The lapsed state only affects access to new releases of the software.

The price is also $499, not $599, for the yearly maintenance.

We encourage you to review the licensing FAQ as well
http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/s ... e/faq.html