3 marker wand specs and new camera configurations

padawan

Re: 3 marker wand specs and new camera configurations

Post by padawan »

I just look at the Three Marker Calibration video.
I just absolutely not have those kinds of results.
Am I working on the same version ?? (1.6.100)

http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/p ... ml?PLID=16
rock soderstrom

Post by rock soderstrom »

Hi,

just for information, we have really good results with the new wanding tool under similar circumstances. (12x V100, Arena 1.6, XP System)

I have welded myself the wanding tool, according to the data in the calibration window in Arena.

I hope you can fix your problems!
hollow4d

Post by hollow4d »

I too am having difficulty with the calibration and 3 marker wand. I posted below in the support forum.

I just purchased the 3 marker wand and downloaded the latest update of the Arena software. I tried several times to calibrate the cameras yesterday with no luck. I kept getting "Poor Quality " no mater what I did or how I did it. Also when I did click apply I was never presented with a secondary window to "Apply and Refine" as the video showed. Plus while wanding there did not seem to be any indicator as to when the wanding should stop as in the old software when the color would turn red when it was done.

The software also crashed several times while calculating.

I then tried to uses the old single marker wand with the new software and the same problem occurred I kept getting poor quality. So I re downloaded version 1.5 and everything worked fine with that version so I don't think it is my system. I am using a 12 camera set up in a square grid. The top camera are set up in portrait and the low cameras are horizontal

Please advise.

Thank you

David Love
padawan

Post by padawan »

Yes it will be great to have some advise from the support :-)
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

What version of Windows are you using?

What lenses are you using, with the cameras?

How large is your camera setup?

Are you getting good wanding across each camera preview window?
hollow4d

Post by hollow4d »

Well I answered this in the support fourm.

I am using Windows 7 Home edition. I have a Toshiba laptop with a Intel i7 chip and 4 gig of ram.

I have the Flex:Flex:V100R2 Red, 46.2 FOV 4.5mm.

" A good point to cease wanding and start calculation is when it changes green and states "Sufficient for Quality : Very High".

Never saw anything resembling what you described above.
padawan

Post by padawan »

Vincent,

Windows Vista
8 x Camera V100
18x18

I've good results on 6 cameras but quiet nothing on cam4 and cam8. I try a lot of different moves with the wand but they didn't show any records.
I will send you an email with a screen capture.
dtaylor112

Post by dtaylor112 »

This discussion seemed to have tailed off... any more reports on using the 3 point wand from end Users? Cleaner data? Larger capture volume?
The_Nomad

Post by The_Nomad »

I'm VERY impressed with the new wand. Capture data is substantially cleaner, and the volume's increased a bit - not a lot, but anything's good at this point.

In addition, the new calibration method ("Just keep going until we tell you your wanding's good enough") is a huge, huge advance over the old one. I once injured my back for more than two weeks after a particularly mammoth half-hour-long attempt to get a decent single-wand calibration - knowing that 5 mins or so will get me a solid calibration is a staggering improvement.

(It doesn't hurt that the new wand's shorter, either).
jah71

Post by jah71 »

I have since purchased a second Foundation 12 pro system with the V2 Cams and I am currently using 6 of my old v1 cams as a dedicated mocap volume for expression and it's setup in a sound booth. However, I'm having a lot of problems calibrating the system.

My sound booth is 3.5 ft x 6 ft. I'd like to request for NaturalPoint to make a smaller 3 marker calibration wand for smaller spaces or make provisions within the expression software so that I can make my own and configure it accordingly in the software.

I am currently only able to get the following calibrations results using the 1 marker wand:

good, fair, fair, fair, poor, good.

This is not good enough as I am not able to even setup a proper head calibration.

Please help me find a solution for this expensive problem that I am unable to use.