Expression Audio Record

DonBurroni

Re: Expression Audio Record

Post by DonBurroni »

Also I think Expression should allow the capture of two actor faces, to allow a proper conversation.
JustinDenton

Post by JustinDenton »

I'm a little late to the party on this one, but just in case anyone else who doesn't have the Optihub(like me) and does need to do audio sync, it's a great idea to have a clapper/slate around for your expression sessions.

This way you can just put it in front of the camera you are using for your reference video and slap it down right before you begin both your video recording and external audio recording. This will allow you to get your reference vid and audio in perfect sync.

Technically, you could use anything that you can slap together to both make a sound and see the point of contact, but with a slate you can write down your take information as well!

If you are recording in Motionbuilder, like Brian and Don suggested here, then you can just rip the audio out of that and use it to sync the audio to your reference and now you have synced all 3 recordings.

Cheers
rock soderstrom

Post by rock soderstrom »

Thanks Justin for the workaaround! It would be definitely better to have sound in the video directly!
ProjectPalitoy

Post by ProjectPalitoy »

I have a very simple approach and one that I like the more i use it....

I have an iPad. I use the USB camera connecting kit and a good USB professional mic. I use an app called voice recorder.....

As I sit in my face volume, I do the following....

Start recording on iPad
Start recording in expression....

I puck my lips three times... Puck puck puck....
This allows me to sync audio and cap in post.

Simple yet effective
ProjectPalitoy

Post by ProjectPalitoy »

I record straight into the ipad that sits on my lap, via a Pro Mic connected to the ipad using the USB camera connecting kit and the HD voice recorder app....

Works a treat and quality is amazing!