Head Rotation / Movement not Working

cashkao

Head Rotation / Movement not Working

Post by cashkao »

When we live streaming inbetween Arena and MB, we can see head movement / rotation perfectly, even during the recording time in MB. However, when we playback the recorded facial expression in MB, we no longer have the head / shoulder movement / rotation. It is very frustrated for us.

How can we fix this??

We are using Arena 1.5 beta 4 and MB 2010 64bit. The MB plugin we have is the goodeypack downloaded from the Naturalpoint support website.
onar3d

Re: Head Rotation / Movement not Working

Post by onar3d »

Hi!

Just to add that I just tried recording streaming motion into motionbuilder 2010 32 bit, from arena expression 1.6.3000, using the 2.3 version of the plugin, and got the same result. The head rotation appears when recording / streaming, but not when playing back.

EDIT:

Also to add, that the "Right hand coord.", "3D marker position", "Local marker position", "Rigid body data", "Local child data" and "Skeleton and rigid bodies" options were selected in the Arena streaming interface.
rock soderstrom

Re: Head Rotation / Movement not Working

Post by rock soderstrom »

Hi cashkao & onar,

after talking about that topic with my team, I would say, that we had head rotation after recording in MotionBuilder with the same settings!

But the overall data quality was bad and different to what we have seen during recording.

That was the reason why we droped this pipeline via the MB-plugin!

Maybe the NP-Team could do a statement about that issue or someone else? The question is, was anybody succesful with the recording of face-data in MotionBuilder via the streaming-plugin?

If yes, does it work with the recent plugin and MotionBuilder version?

regards