User manual.

ProjectPalitoy

User manual.

Post by ProjectPalitoy »

By far the most important feature missing from our beloved app.
DonBurroni

Re: User manual.

Post by DonBurroni »

I second this too!
rock soderstrom

Post by rock soderstrom »

Yep, a decent documentation would be a great time-saver.
pamentej

Post by pamentej »

Goes without saying...look at the Help documentation in 3ds Max!
farstar

Post by farstar »

Lets face it this is a major over sight on Natural points part to their current paying customers base that are new to the motion capture world and need this information desperately to make their systems work to the best of its ability. I for one don't really understand it. We the customers have put down a pretty good amount of money for their equipment and the software and in return we are not getting the proper video documentation by natural point on the software side of things. I do like Natural point choice in doing video documentation on how to use the the equipment instead of a written document but for me not having any information on the software side on what all the tools sets and setting do puts me at a disadvantage. I feel that Natural point should at least do some down and dirty screen grab video explaining what each and every thing in the software does with the system. These down and dirty videos could be made available just to paying customers in a private paying customer section and not to every person just checking out the product as a potential buyer on their main web site.
come on Natural point give us paying customers that need it some down and dirty videos of the software it would be greatly appreciated. :)
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

As the person who is currently documenting the system, I couldn't agree with you more. Unfortunately, it is a long and daunting process to not only compile the information, but format it into a usable and readable manner. Additionally, decisions had to be made as to what order documentation would be released in, and due to a number of factors including our development plans and the complexity of the project, the first release that I am planning on is for the SDK. Tracking Tools, Arena, and Expression will follow afterwards.

In the mean time, what I can do is offer you the best support of any company in the industry. We can discuss things here, over email at support@naturalpoint.com, and additionally over the phone at 541-753-6645 during normal business hours of Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm PDT (UTC -8). To help facilitate this, we'll be rolling out our official remote desktop support system very soon, and will be able to offer support via live desktop sharing sessions during normal business hours as well.
pamentej

Post by pamentej »

Hi Mike,

I appreciate all your latest comments regarding a User Manual for Arena. I have just downloaded and updated Arena to version 1.7.3000. I have noticed that I can only display the Capture Volume in the top left User viewport and not all 4 viewports like I used to be able to do in the previous version.

Can I please stress again that the lack of any kind of manual for this software is really mind boogling! You're expecting your users to work blind and learn by guessing. That's not good enough for the initial investment outlayed, even for a Foundation Kit. I hate to say this but if a decent user manual isn't available before the end of the year, then we may have to re-evaluate whether we can continue with the OptiTrack system in our teaching environment for 2012.

J
NaturalPoint - Mike

I'm happy to announce that the Tracking Tools Manual is completed, and in final review!

The Arena Manual is formally underway, with an expected release date around the end of the year or Q1 2012 (give or take, depending on available time and resources).
pamentej

Post by pamentej »

Hello again, what it is the status of the Arena manual?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Massive and progressing. I wish I had more to say than just that, but unfortunately it's a continuing work in progress. I'm hesitant to release parts or a preview of it because it's not ready for internal review yet. Once it is, it'll take a bit of time for that process to occur before we can release it, but hopefully it'll be ready in a bit.