Muscle driven face mocap

evengi

Re: Muscle driven face mocap

Post by evengi »

Hi!

Here's the rig for you to test.
You'll need basic knowledge of maya muscle in order to bind your face to the rig.
There is a "notes" tag in the rig, read it!
There is some simple animation applied, this is only for preview purposes, please delete it after viewing.

When opening the rig, it looks broken, it's not. Flip the "constraint on/off" switch. This switch allows you to turn of the influence, increasing computing speed.

Your mocap markers, should drive the joints that drive the rig, this way you can have offsets. So parent constrain example, LSmileLineGRP to your mocap LSmileLine locator.

Note!
This rig was made during late night shifts, and on a crazy time schedule. This is the first beta rig, it's far from flawless.
But please use it, and create your own, improved rig!

It would be great to see what you come up with!
Please send me a link to you work if you use it!

http://www.evengi.no/Evengi/Tutorials/M ... aceRigg.mb

Good Luck!
Roger
DonBurroni

Post by DonBurroni »

Hi Roger,
Thanks for that, your rig is great.
I've only had a little play with it, will give you more feedback when i get time.

Thanks again
Hogan
MasonMiller

Post by MasonMiller »

What happens if they want to localize the scenes ? (e.g., different languages)
evengi

Post by evengi »

MasonMiller -Are you referring to translation? In that case they would need to re-record in a different language. Although I know some people working on a translation algorithm, that will actually translate the lips into talking different languages. Exciting!

sevenzenith - thanks.

I've finally come around to buy the equipment I worked with a year ago (on the project described in this thread). I'll make a new, faster and much better face-rig this time. I'll also add inn some gloves, and see if I can capture face, fingers and body simultaneously.

I'll base the new rig on surfaces and shrinkwrap deformers. Might not need muscles.

Roger