Has anyone tried using 2 NP systems in motionbuilder?

bsteagal

Has anyone tried using 2 NP systems in motionbuilder?

Post by bsteagal »

I have a question from some of you mocap studios out there or from NP directly, that are using arena and expression...

Has anyone tried using Arena with one set of cameras, expression with another, and have both stream to MB to 1 actor? I have a customer that would like to know if this is possible, and I don't have the cameras to try this..

Theoretically it shouldn't be a problem, I'm curious though if anyone has done it and what where the results..

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Bryan
Bryan Steagall
Owner
Kidz Korner Studio
OptiTrack Distributor
Mexico, Central and South America
505-615-2410
bryan@kkstudio.us
www.kkstudio.us
Derekmoore

Re: Has anyone tried using 2 NP systems in motionbuilder?

Post by Derekmoore »

using Arena with one set of cameras and expression with another.. sounds bit impractical..
morgan
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Has anyone tried using 2 NP systems in motionbuilder?

Post by morgan »

Hey Bryan

Live face-overs could be interesting.

We have streamed from multiple camera systems into a single Mobu session, typically at tradeshows like SIGGRAPH for fun mix-and-match demos.

Usually however we've done separate body and VCS camera volumes - but we've never done body and face.

I'd say yep - in theory this should work ;-). One way for them to test would be to stream live or canned body from Arena and live or canned face data from another Arena - that way they dont need 2 live volumes to confirm.

Let us know if they need any help.

Morgan